The Opera 3, Opera II and Online Filing Manager Upgrade releases cover the legislative changes required to complete the 2016/17 year end and to start the 2017/18 tax year.
Release numbers are as follows
- Opera 3 (2.40)
- Opera II (7.60)
- Online Filing Manager (3.70)
Summary of changes
- New Advanced Payments & Deductions report (Opera 3 only): The Advanced Payments & Deductions list is a new multi-period, multi-payment and deduction report that will assist you with new gender pay gap reporting requirements.
- Payrolling company car benefits: The Full Payment Submission (FPS) in the 2017/18 tax year can include company car details if you want to payroll this benefit.
- Apprenticeship levy: The way that the Government funds apprenticeships in England is changing in the 2017/18 tax year. Some employers will be required to pay a new apprenticeship levy. Funding for apprenticeships will also change.
- P60 formats: These have been updated, and approved by HMRC.
- Scottish Income Tax rates and bandwidths: The Scotland Act 2016 provides the Scottish Parliament with powers to set the income tax rates and bands that will apply to Scottish taxpayers.
- PAYE, NI and statutory payments The rates, bandwidths and thresholds have been updated according to changes announced in the Autumn Statement.
- Auto enrolment thresholds: These have been updated according to the changes announced by The Pensions Regulator.
For more information click here